Sausage Pasta Salad
|Prep time||5 minutes|
If anyone ever tells you that salads are boring, give them this to try!
- Large saucepan
- Frying pan or grill pan and fish slice (for sausages)
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Large serving bowl
- Small bowl and whisk or fork to make dressing
Salad Dressing 1 - Tangy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lots of black pepper
- Salt to taste
Salad Dressing 2 – Creamy
- 3 tbsp Plamil vegan mayo (or other vegan mayo)
- 1 tbsp soya or rice milk
|2||portions of pasta|
|1⁄2||vegan stock cube (or use powder below)|
|1||tsp||or vegan bouillon powder (green oxo or marigold or kallo brands)|
|5||veggie sausages, cooked and sliced (eg linda mccartneys or redwood veggie deli or fry’s or be-well are all good)|
|2||sticks celery, chopped|
|1⁄2||bag of bean sprouts|
|2||large handfuls of spinach leaves|
|1||red pepper, chopped into small pieces|
|4||large lettuce leaves, chopped (not iceberg)|
|1⁄4||cucumber, diced small|
- Bring a large pan of hot water to the boil. Add the stock cube/powder and cook the pasta in it – check the instructions on the packet.
- While pasta is cooking, cook the sausages and chop up the salad ingredients.
- Drain pasta and let it cool in a big bowl.
- Finish preparing the other ingredients.
- Add the sausages, salad vegetables and herbs.
- Choose which salad dressing you would like. In a small bowl, mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well with some salt and black pepper.