Spencer & Rowan Cook, vegans
|Prep time||30 minutes|
25 minutes: 10 minutes preparation, 10-15 minutes cooking time
Mmmm, everybody loves pizza. Here is a cool vegan version!
Oven tray if using a ready-made base
- Round pizza pan if making pizza dough from a mix or home-made
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Frying pan or wok with fish slice
PS Asda’s and Somerfield’s pizza base mix are both vegan. You can also buy vegan pizza bases and mixes from health stores. Or if you really want to experiment, surf the net to find a recipe for real pizza dough! www.veganfamily.co.uk/pizza.htm has a good one...
|1||pizza base – ready-made or made from a mix.|
|3||medium mushrooms, sliced|
|1⁄2||small red pepper, cut into thin rings or slices|
|other veg of your choice: sweetcorn, olives, tinned artichoke hearts cut in half, thinly-sliced onions etc are all very good|
|3||tbsp||grated melting vegan ‘cheese’ such as redwood’s melting mozzarella or melting cheddar, available from health stores|
|freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat oven to temperature according to instructions on pizza base packet.
- Lightly fry vegetables – except for ready cooked items such as sweetcorn and artichoke hearts.
- Leave mushrooms until last and don’t overcook.
- Spread pizza base with topping, then arrange vegetables and cheese artistically on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and the cheese has melted a bit.