Which do you think is best for your health?
Nutrients from a Veggie Burger and Beef Burger Meal
Veggie Burger v Meat Burger Quiz
- Which meal do you think is healthiest?
- Both meals are high in protein. The Beef Burger meal contains 34g of protein and the Veggie Burger 31g. Name one reason why protein is important in our diet.
- The Beef Burger meal contains 4g of fibre and the Veggie Burger 11g. Name one reason why we need fibre in our diet.
- The Beef Burger meal contains 13g of saturated fat and the Veggie Burger below 2g. Name one disease linked to too much saturated fat in our diet.
- The Beef Burger meal contains 1.26g of transfats and the Veggie Burger has zero. Are trans fats good or bad for our health? Do we need any in our diet?
- The Veggie Burger meal has how much more polyunsaturated fat, and how much less monounsaturated fat? Name one function of polyunsaturated fats.
- The Beef Burger meal is high in cholesterol but the Veggie Burger meal has zero.
a. Name one disease linked to high cholesterol levels.
b. We do not need to consume cholesterol in our diet because we make all we need. Which of our organs manufactures cholesterol?
- The Veggie Burger meal contains no vitamin B12 – where can a vegan obtain B12 in their diet?
- Both meals are low or have zero vitamin D. Where do we get most of this vitamin from (clue - it is not from food!)?
- The Veggie Meal has more ‘antioxidant’ vitamins (beta carotene, vitamins C and E) and more folate (vitamin B9). Choose one of these vitamins and give one reason why it is important in our diet.
Your teacher will be able to log in an see the answers.